[mythtv-users] Recording slows down IR remote

Tony Baca cfr131 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 17:24:11 UTC 2007

Last night I spent a few minutes testing.

Shelled in to the machine and started irw

With the myth machine idle, every press of a button on the remote caused an
appropriate line from irw

Using a second shell window, I entered:

cat /dev/video1 > temp.mpg    (Note, video1 is the PVR 150, video0 is a
PCHDTV-5500. I do not see any problem if I cat /dev/video0 > temp.mpg or if
the machine is recording using the 5500, only when the PVR-150 is used)

Now pressing and holding a key only produces a line from irw about once
every 3-6 seconds.

But pressing the button once causes the number of interrupts on the serial
port to increase.  (cat /proc/interrupts)

I don't know where else to look.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,