[mythtv-users] Our Only Option is Schedule Direct?

Braindead Braindead at diablops.com
Tue Sep 18 16:53:23 UTC 2007

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 17:10:33 +0100
Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:

> Braindead wrote:
> >
> > If you download software that scrapes the site, you never agreed to
> > anything.  How could you, if you never loaded the page?
> >
> Pure sophistry. *You* own the computer that contains the software
> that *you* bought/acquired and *you* ran. Explain that to the judge.
> You are expected to have some idea of what the software you own does,
> or is supposed to do, and where it gets it's information from. If you
> don't, I've a program here called 'Bonzai Buddy' you might like.

You are suggesting that your average user is responsible for breaking some agreement with (just one example) the listing service that MCE uses.  What's the difference between getting listings in MCE or some other commercial PVR application and using a separate application to download listings into MythTV? You average user would have no idea what's going on, in fact how the schedule 'downloader' works would be beyond most people.