[mythtv-users] Feature request: hook into backend at idle

Brian Walter blwalter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 15:49:48 UTC 2007

Yan Seiner wrote:
> It would be nice to be able to schedule certain tasks when the backend
> is idle.  Mostly I'm thinking of reboots for maintenance and such, but I
> can see other tasks.
>
> I've not found a way to have the backend tell me:  "I'm idle now, do
> what you need".
>
> --Yan

I did the same thing awhile ago when I was having ivtv driver issues.
It's a simple php script (I know, just never got around to learning
perl), that checks the jobqueue table and the 'inuseprograms' table.  If
anything in the jobqueue has a status of 4, or, there is anything in the
inuseprograms, then, the system was considered not available for reboot.

I'm sure this version specific, and that it's not considered kosher,
but, at the time, it was the *only* way to get around the IVTV issues.

Brian