[mythtv-users] Myth Video & UPNP

Charles Mason charlie.mas at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 15:38:33 UTC 2007

Hi All,

What's the status of Myth Video and UPNP currently. My set up is
currently based off an SVN build from about last June (if I remember
correctly). I know I should use a release version or keep closer to
the SVN head.

At the moment I have a server with a back and front end in the living
room and a separate frontend on an old Dell I salvaged from a client
(who was closing down £10 bargain). Anyway I have fairly large
collection of assorted divx / xvids on the servers 1 TB RAID 5 array.
As I understand it to play them on the client (over the network) I
need to mount them as share, with the current version I have.

Is there any other way of doing it. Isn't there support for UPNP media
sharing from the backend directly. Can more recent builds of Myth
Video also use this for accessing the content directly, or does it
still need to be accessed via a mounted share?

Charlie M