[mythtv-users] How do I center the image on the TV screen?

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu
Tue Sep 18 14:02:44 UTC 2007

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 08:54:08AM -0500, Craig Huff wrote:
> I have an Nvidia 6150 on-board my Asus M2NPV-VM motherboard hooked up to a
> TV running 640x480 resolution.
>
> My problem is that the picture is offset to the right and perhaps down a
> little on the screen.  I'm sure there's a simple solution, but where?
>
> I have wandered around looking at xorg.conf settings, nvidia-settings, and
> MythTV settings, but I didn't find anything I thought would address the
> problem.

You want to adjust your modeline, which may be implicit, but can
be overriden in xorg.conf.

http://www.tkk.fi/Misc/Electronics/faq/vga2rgb/calc.html has a
modeline calculator.

On the other hand, it may be that the NVidia TVout completely
bypasses the modeline, in which case, you may be hosed without
the ability to change it on the TV itself.

-dsr-

--
Every time you give up a right, the terrorists win.