[mythtv-users] Our Only Option is Schedule Direct?

Braindead Braindead at diablops.com
Tue Sep 18 12:25:59 UTC 2007

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 17:47:42 -0400
brian <turbo at talstar.com> wrote:

> Larry Sanderson wrote:
> >
> > This is a good idea - I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up
> > before.
>
>    No it isn't a good idea.  ...and, it has been brought up before.
>
>    It is a violation of the Terms Of Service on the zap2it site, to
> which you agree by accessing/using the site, to use a screen-scraper
> or other technology to capture/store the information presented there.

If you download software that scrapes the site, you never agreed to anything.  How could you, if you never loaded the page?

Personally I've found a find free source, simply pull the schedule from my wifes MCE box.  I see no problem with this as I've got an extra license for Vista premium that I'm not using anyway so I've paid for two computers to get listings.