[mythtv-users] Congrats to Xris

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Sep 18 02:37:41 UTC 2007

On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 07:47:30PM -0600, Brian Wood wrote:
> Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> > On Sep 17, 2007, at 6:34 PM, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> >
> >> I'm watching yesterday's Emmy Red-Carpet coverage, and I've just for
> >> the first time seen a TV spot for TiVo "and you can program it over
> >> the
> >> web even when you're not home".
> >
> > You saw a commercial? Weird.
>
> Must have been watching LiveTV, something else that's "weird".

Statistics (I believe from TiVo) say that something like 40% of
commercials get watched, regardless of commercial skipping.

As it happens, my sister (who's the primary pilot of this box) still
isn't happy with the reliability of commercial detection, marks shows
by hand -- she can commercial mark a 60 minute drama in about 3
minutes.

There's a bunch of good shooting and writing on commercials these days,
believe it or not, guys.

Cheers,
-- jra