[mythtv-users] Advice Requested re LCD TV's

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Mon Sep 17 19:59:27 UTC 2007

R. G. Newbury wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Can anyone suggest a 32 to 37 inch high definition (1920 x 1200) LCD TV,
>   (brand plus model) available in North America which can, in effect,
> deal with 2 different coax inputs easily. That is, go seamlessly from
> cable to OTA tuning. If that means selecting a different Input Source,
> that is alright, so long as it is not a 4 to 6 step procedure.

My Polaroid (which is really just a generic TV branded with Polaroid)
does it in a couple of clicks: input button on remote, select the input
you want, hit ok.

> For bonus points, can anyone suggest a TV that *also* has ethernet or
> serial control capabilities? The LG 37LB5D has a serial input which
> meets this test, but I do not know if it can handle the inputs as required.
>
> (Interestly, the wiki only seems to deal with 'one-input' situations.
> No-one seems to have addressed this situation and it did not ocurr to me
> at all until I got the thing home and set up.)

If you are using mythtv, why not get an HD capture card or HDHomeRun and
have your MythTV system capture your SD and your HD video content?  That
way, you don't even have to fool with the input options on the TV...

-Rich