[mythtv-users] Problems with MCE and Streamzap remotes -- SOLVED!

Brett Granger bdgranger at alum.mit.edu
Mon Sep 17 19:30:23 UTC 2007

Posting a follow-up, in case anyone else runs across this problem.

The SMK transceiver that came with the WinTV-PVR-USB2 MCE kit that I
recently purchased has a product Id that did not match either of the
other 2 SMK products included in the list "known" to the mceusb2 driver.
  Once I added an additional line with the correct product ID (0x0334)
to the appropriate entries in lirc_mceusb2.c and lirc_mceusb2.mod.c,
recompiled, and reinstalled, all is working as it should.

As for the missing keys using the Streamzap remote, that was a case of
user error -- I did not restart lircd after putting the
streamzap-appropriate lircd.conf in place...

Thanks to the users of this list, who gave me both hope and several
leads to chase down... Now I can use either remote on this system.

--Brett