[mythtv-users] has anyone written a script that can insert a shows info into the mythconverg database ?

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Mon Sep 17 15:50:19 UTC 2007

Nick Gray wrote:
> Thanks Mike, I'll take a look
>
> On Sun, 2007-09-16 at 14:24 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 09/16/2007 02:05 PM, Nick Gray wrote:
>>
>>> No one answered half of my previous question (my mistake for putting
>>> multiple questions in a message with only one matching subject line).
>>>
>>> Is there already a procedure/program/script for adding a program that
>>> was recorded outside of myth* to the database.
>>>
>>> I have a  bunch of commercials, etc that I would like to be able to
>>> access via mythweb.
>>>
>>> If not I can write one, just didn't want to duplicate the effort.
>>>
>> myth.rebuilddatabase.pl

I modified myth.rebuilddatabase.pl slightly so I can insert recordings
and DVD rips into the 'Recordings' list, so everything that would
normally be in 'Videos' shows up in 'Recordings'. Let me know if you are
interested in my script. It's somewhat specific to my situation, but it
should give you a good head start.

Tom