[mythtv-users] Why are some seriesid's SHnnnnnnn and some EPnnnnnnn?

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Mon Sep 17 06:31:01 UTC 2007

    > Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 02:13:18 -0400 (EDT)
    > From: f-myth-users at media.mit.edu

    > did before mid-Aug.)  That presumably caused matching to fail.  That
    > it also changed seriesid is a clue that perhaps somebody created a
    > brand new database record over in TMS-land and changed two things at
    > once, halfway through a season.  [Or, perhaps, it's a symptom of the
    > DD->SD cutover and the seriesid stayed constant until the end of Aug
    > when I started pulling from SD; since I don't have recordings from
    > that interval, I can't check anything in my DB.  And see below.]

Oh wait, no, I keep consistently forgetting that the EP->SP change
happened -before- I started pulling data from SD, e.g., I noticed it
in mid-Aug when that first series stopped recording (and noticing that
is what kept me from noticing that the important part was that the
-title- of the series had changed as well and sent me on the wild
goose chase; without that, I might have noticed the "The" that had
appeared in the title).

So the EPnnn->SPnnn stuff in seriesid & programid does seem to predate
the actual DD->SD cutover, which makes me believe that SD has nothing
directly to do with it; instead, TMS appears to be changing (or have
completely changed; I haven't checked exhaustively) what they put in
that field for some reason.

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list