[mythtv-users] mythmusic in recent svn doesn't work

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Sep 17 01:32:30 UTC 2007

William Munson napsal(a):
> Yan Seiner wrote:
>> I'm getting this in mythmusic:
>> /usr/local/lib/mythtv/plugins/libmythmusic.so: undefined symbol:
>> _ZN18ConfigurationGroup6byNameE7QString
>> 2007-09-15 08:16:55.728 MythPlugin::init() dlerror:
>> /usr/local/lib/mythtv/plugins/libmythmusic.so: undefined symbol:
>> _ZN18ConfigurationGroup6byNameE7QString
>> 2007-09-15 08:16:55.728 Unable to initialize plugin 'mythmusic'.
>> 2007-09-15 08:16:55.728 Unable to run plugin 'mythmusic': not initialized
>> Probably because I had to disable zoneminder?
>> ./configure --enable-xvmc --enable-opengl-vsync --enable-dvb
>> --compile-type=debug --enable-proc-opt --disable-mythzoneminder
>> What is zoneminder, anyway?
>> --Yan
> Zoneminder is for a home surveillance camera system and will not affect
> mythmusic. I am running mythmusic svn and it compiles and runs just
> fine. BTW - its a bad idea to call --enable-proc-opt and not specify the
> alternative processor type you want to optimize for.
Why?  I'm curious.

> Also, you need to compile AND INSTALL mythtv of the same version before
> compiling plugins. I notice that you are installing into /usr/local so
> make sure your directories are in the path and that no libs live in
> /usr. If you are running on a machine that started out running packaged
> versions of myth then you might want to add --prefix=/usr to your
> compile options so that all the modules load in the correct locations.

I failed to notice mythmusic wasn't being build due to a missing

So it was still using an old libmythmusic.

Thanks for pointing the obvious.

Yan Seiner      (_)\(_)         ,>/'_   o__     o__
Certified Personal Trainer     (_)\(_)  ,>/'_   ,>/'_
Licensed Professional Engineer         (_)\(_) (_)\(_)

Linux stuff has made big progress over the competition. When things sit and don't start right away, we have a watch, and those poor guys have to settle for an hourglass.