[mythtv-users] I'm an HD Idiot.. Help me out

Ben Kevan ben.kevan at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 19:49:27 UTC 2007

First, wanted to appologize for the first email that sent out, accidently hit
hotkey in Kmail to send the email.. Doh!

I am in the process of not only making a Myth box, but also looking for a new

I am going to point to a few TV's:

Westinghouse LVM-37w3

To me, it isn't really a TV, but a Computer Monitor with TV capabilities. This
is evident due to the lack of the ASTC / QAM and NTSC Tuners..

Here is another TV:

Sharp LC 37D62U

True HDTV with built in tuners 8500:1 Contrast compared to the Westinghouse's

So.. I guess my question is..

If I get the Westinghouse (which is lovely on the budget) how will I get HD to
it? Does the MythTV box act as the HD NTSC Tuner for the TV? or will I have
to get a HD Box from my cable company?

I know this really isn't an av list.. But just thought I'd ask.

How much can you know about yourself, you've never been in a fight? I don't
wanna die without any scars. So come on; hit me