[mythtv-users] dct2000serial script too slow

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Sat Sep 15 22:08:20 UTC 2007

I'm trying to set up a Motorola DCT-2224 with MythTV.  It has
firmware 7.96.  I've connected it via the serial port, and I'm trying
to use changechannel.py from the dct2000serial.tar.gz contrib file.

When I test the script, it works, except that it sends characters far
too slowly.  For example, if I do "changechannel.py 475", instead of
changing to 475, it changes to channel 4, then 7, then 5.  It's
sending roughly 1 character per second, so the cable box times out in
between characters.  I've gone through the script a few times, but I
don't see a setting for this.  How can I speed it up?