[mythtv-users] plextor convertx transcoding workaround

Dale E. Martin dale at the-martins.org
Sat Sep 15 17:08:15 UTC 2007

After searching for a solution for this issue[0] for a while, I have
finally found one way of editing video captured by my ConvertX tuners via
mythtv.

I installed "avidemux".  It can read the .nuv files fine.  I was able to edit
the video, and through the process of elimination, discovered these
settings work for me:
  video: xvid4
    configure: pixel aspect ratio: 4:3
  audio: copy
  format: avi
  shift: -1200

You'll probably have to play with the "shift" setting to get the audio and
video synced correctly.

One other interesting note, with video set to "copy" the resulting
video has the exact same problems as lossless transcoding in mythtv does.
I'm not sure what that means.  One thing that occurs to me is that
transcode to mpeg4 might work for convertx users in mythtv too.  I'll give
it a shot sometime.

Take care,
  Dale

[0] - http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2854