[mythtv-users] [Fwd: Re: Missing channels in listings in MythWeb]

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Sep 15 08:38:28 UTC 2007

On 09/14/2007 03:44 PM, Brian Walter wrote:
> Craig Huff wrote:
>>
>> there is a reason you might *not* want to make the callsigns
>> different.  If they're the same, then the scheduler understands
>> that it has two choices for a program source.

This /only/ applies to "this channel" rules.  For "any channel" rules,
it can always use any channel--regardless of callsign.  (And, you
probably want "any channel" rules, anyway.)

>> For example, if you
>> have cable and OTA, you can give priority to the cable (cleaner
>> signal?) and still get a show recorded on the OTA input if the
>> cable input is already being used to capture some other program.

This works with "any channel" rules, too.

> I agree.  I don't change the callsigns, unless I have a pressing
> reason to do so (and haven't yet).  I tend to manage the conflicts by
> changing the input priority of the connection  (I think that's where
> you set it...in mythtv-setup).

Channel number and callsign are for use by the user to specify grouping
of channels and "hiding" of listings in the EPG.

If you want to keep working around the issues caused by not changing
channel number/callsign to give you the behavior you want, feel free.  :)

Mike