[mythtv-users] Recommendations for Motherboard for Pentium Quad Core

David George david at thegeorges.us
Fri Sep 14 20:33:50 UTC 2007

On 09/14/2006 04:20 PM, Paul King wrote:
> Hi
> Im looking to build a Mega main server.
> This machine will be my main Backend and one of the front ends for my
> new system.
> I am looking for a full size board with as many pci slots as I can find
> as Im looking to have 4 capture cards in this machine. I will also need
> 2 netwokr cards so a board with 2 network on board would be good. If not
> 5 pci slots or one with a pci-e port for network would be a must.
> I woulike to use one of the new Quad Core intel processors and would
> like recommendations of the best board to use with this.
> Oh Nvidia Graphics would be nice too.
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> Im planning to use 1 x Hauppage Nova-T500 and 3 x TT C-1500 cards
Well I was going to recommend the SuperMicro PD-SMA+ (make sure you get
the +).

The web site doesn't show it, but it supports the QX6700 quad-core and
xeon 3000 series processors (as well as Pentium D ...) and up to 8Gig of
RAM.  Built-in dual Gigabit ethernet.

It has 5 PCI 33MHz 32bit, 1 PCI-X 133MHz 64bit, and 1 PCI express x8.

Only catch is built-in video is XGI.  Don't know if nVidia makes a x8
PCI express video card or if the x16 will work in the x8 slot.