[mythtv-users] old HD-2000 card

Robert Tsai mythtv at tsaiberspace.net
Fri Sep 14 20:03:28 UTC 2007

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 02:28:48PM -0400, Preston Crow wrote:
> I have an HD-2000 card hooked up to a roof-top antenna.  The signal
> is nice and strong, but the card seems to be rather flaky.
> Sometimes it will record just fine, but it seems to get hung up at
> times, and then won't record anything unless I reboot the system.
> Does anyone have any advice for making these cards work reliably?
> I seem to recall it being more stable with the old V4L drivers, but
> I need a newer kernel where the only choice is the DVB driver.

I have an HD-3000 card from around 2003. It used to sometimes just
stop working, and I'd have to reboot.

I decided that reboot had to be overkill, and figured out it was
sufficient to just unload and re-load the cx88-dvb kernel module, so
now I have a cronjob to do that every week or so.

I don't know if it's necessary to do so anymore, but I don't record
that much and don't have any conflicts during the day (when I schedule
the restarts).

I've attached my scripts.