[mythtv-users] Hello, Aver DVB 771 users, SOLUTION to missing devices entries on Feisty

Stephen Brooks nightbikeman at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 14 19:54:06 UTC 2007

Hello everyone,
I've been lurking for a few years, I thought I would say hello and volunteer
some information.

I recently had to rebuild my Mythtv system, a Seagate disk blew up on me :(,
so I thought I would preempt people having problems with AVer DVB 771 cards.

I rebuilt my system with Ubuntu Feisty, it went like a breeze apart from no
DVB devices :(

I discovered all you have to do is add the following to /etc/modules

dvb-bt8xx

I hope it helps someone. Either reboot at that point or modprobe the modules
and the devices appear..... :)

I've been using Mythtv for about three years and it definitely changes the
way I watch TV.

My system for those who are interested is....

I have a 2.4Ghz Cerelon, with 512MB RAM, 160GB disk, and 2 Aver 771 DVB-T
receivers in a pundit-s case With the DVB recordings I get about 120Hours of
recorded material.

TTFN Steve