[mythtv-users] Change Rip DVD Quality

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Fri Sep 14 17:31:25 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Brad DerManouelian
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 9:54 AM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Change Rip DVD Quality

On Sep 14, 2007, at 9:44 AM, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:

Hello, I want to rip a dvd to the good quality setting, but I want to edit
what "good" means. I have a few seinfeld seasons i want to rip, and the 25
minute episodes come out to around 400MB, but I want to get them down to
around 150-200MB each. Is there any way to change the settings for the
quality levels (Good, Excellent, Perfect)? I imagine there is some sort of
config file.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Dvdtranscode_table

Brad, thanks, but I have one more question:

In my mythdvd under rip, i have 4 qualities: ISO, Perfect, Excellent, and
Good.

In the DB, there is Good, Medium, and Excellent...moreover, there are 11
total entries, 8 are Good, 1 is excellent, and 2 are medium

Which should I adjust? I just don't want to mess up anything else? How do i
figure out which Good setting to change? Also, in the db table, why are
there so many, and why is there no Perfect? Lastly, I am telling the ripper
to do Xvid, but the settings table says divx5...is that ok?

-Thanks
-Steve