[mythtv-users] Mac OSX Universal Binary for .20.2 @ thesniderpad.com

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Fri Sep 14 17:15:57 UTC 2007

At 12:09 AM +1000 9/15/07, Anthony Giggins wrote:
>I finally got around to playing with this on my wifes work provided macbook
>but it appears to be having some issues connecting to the database. It can
>read some of the tables ie. mythvideo, previously recorded but as soon as I
>access either watch livetv of watch recordings I get errors about being
>unable to contact the database

This might be a firewall or MySQL permissions issue on your backend
machine. Try opening Console on the Mac, to see what it lists as
errors when you do these things.

>  Also I was wondering how I can connect it to
>my mythvideos, I know I need to connect to the videos directory but how can
>I do this in mac osx? (Samba, nfs? How do I mount these and where)

Assuming your backend is set up for samba, you would go to the Mac
desktop (Finder) and Go->Connect to Server. Then, use the prefix
"smb://" in the location, like:

Then, you need to figure out the full path to this location, so that
you can enter it into the frontend's configuration. Assuming it was
the above example, it would be:

One way you can test this is to open Terminal and try to "ls" this location.

By the way, don't be surprised if the music plugin crashes
repeatedly. I tried it this morning using a pretty recent SVN
version, and got booted out multiple times.