[mythtv-users] Laptop - front end question...

Tim Hartley poobahtim at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 14:31:56 UTC 2007

> but if it comes down to it you can always disable the hardware that tells
> the computer the lid is closed.  It should be easy enough to figure out if

Keep in mind that laptops are probably (not an expert here) meant to
operate with some airflow over the keyboard for cooling.  I have a
friend who uses a laptop as his remote frontend, and he was getting
stalls in the video due to the cpu throttling back because of heat.
Leaving the lid open even two or three inches solved it.

Tim