[mythtv-users] MythFrontend and MythSetup crash X (FC7, nvidia)

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Fri Sep 14 06:35:16 UTC 2007

On Thursday 13 September 2007 23:46, Joe Ripley wrote:
> On 9/13/07, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:
> > I did a full poweroff and reboot and now I can get to mythfrontend and
> > mythtvsetup but after the "pre-scaling theme image" nothing appears. The
> > keyboard is recognized, in that I can Esc and get the "do you want to
> > quit?" prompt.
>
> This usually indicates that the OpenGL painter is active but your
> video card isn't rendering properly.  You can manually switch the
> painter to the Qt painter in the database (assuming defaults):
>
> mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg
> update settings set data='qt' where value='ThemePainter';

Thanks. It appears I can't get OpenGL running, so that makes sense - now I
have to figure that out but in the meantime can still watch TV.

Since you mentioned it, is there a way I can poke my new SchedulesDirect info
into the database so I can start getting listings? I want to try to solve my
OpenGL problem more than I need to watch at the moment.