[mythtv-users] NFS issue

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 04:39:17 UTC 2007

On 13/09/2007, Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Here is the output of my iptables -L:

<snip>

> -A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p tcp -m state --state NEW -m tcp --dport 111 -j
> ACCEPT
>
> -A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p udp -m state --state NEW -m udp --dport 111 -j
> ACCEPT
>
> -A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p tcp -m state --state NEW -m tcp --dport 2049 -j
> ACCEPT
>
> -A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p udp -m state --state NEW -m udp --dport 2049 -j
> ACCEPT
>
> -A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited

I think the problem is that only ports 111 and 2049 are being allowed
by the current ruleset, and the other necessary ports for NFS (which
rpcinfo -p will show, and the link I posted shows how to control) are
still closed.

To verify this, check the output of rpcinfo and look for the port
entries for status, mountd, rquotad, and lockmgr. Create firewall
rules which ACCEPT these ports (udp/tcp per rpcinfo) and restart the
firewall without restarting NFS. You should now be able to connect to
the exported volume from your client.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: