[mythtv-users] Thanks - SD Upgrade

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Fri Sep 14 03:59:15 UTC 2007

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 23:01:30 -0500
> From: "Trey Thompson" <treythompson at gmail.com>
> Subject: [mythtv-users] Thanks - SD Upgrade
> To: MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> I know you're sick of hearing it, but my yum update went perfectly,
> and my changeover to SD went perfectly.
>
> Couldn't ask for a better team!!!
>
> Thanks so much!

Yeah, I have to echo this.  Once I found the Mandriva binaries, the
upgrade went quite smoothly, and I didn't have to do anything more than a
few minutes' worth of work to get up and running with SD.

I've seen the myriad number of messages complaining about the fact that SD
isn't "free".  No, it's not, but the reality is that TMS yanked the rug
out from under us, and the SD guys kept us up and running with no downtime
or effort on our part needed to come up with other ways of finding this
data.  To me, that's worth a few bucks a month.

I'm all for finding other free and legal ways to get the EPG data, but we
may have all been effectively Myth-less for quite awhile without the
efforts of the SD.org guys.

Thanks again -
Bob