[mythtv-users] DirecTV HD and MythTV?

Jon jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 00:47:19 UTC 2007

On Sep 13, 2007, at 9:18 AM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:

> On Sep 13, 2007, at 9:14 AM, Brian Walter wrote:
>
>> Rich West wrote:
>>> So.... are they any success stories with DirecTV customers using
>>> MythTV
>>> with DirecTV's HD service?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> -Rich
>>>
>> The only thing I've seen mentioned with DirecTV and HD, is to use
>> one of
>> the hacked STB's available from a couple of sources.  Without these
>> modifications, I don't believe there is any way to get HD from DTV...
>>
>> Brian
>
> Yes, the FCC seems to have forgotten that cable is not the only
> player in town. They made it clear that HD over Firewire must be made
> available with cable but have no such mention for any other type of
> television service.

So, if DirecTV doesn't work. How about Dish? I'm actually Interested
in getting HD soon also, and I live in the land of no cable lines, so
it's the Dish, DirecTV(my current system) or OverTheAir (fortunately
I am in a GOOD location for regular airwaves, on the top of a hill,
but that limits the channels available, as I'm still far from
Sacramento, and there's not a lot of local broadcast stations)

~Jon