[mythtv-users] No SD Update and SD Episode Numbers do not match previous recordings

Cottrell, Eric ecottrell at doble.com
Thu Sep 13 19:11:48 UTC 2007

Hello,

No.  The sequence I did was to install the packages (MythTV,
MySQL, LIRC, etc) but not run the frontend or backend.
I recreated and restored my old DB as the hard drive was new.
The old database was in place before MythTV was run.  I do
not remember if I ran the mythtv-setup first or the backend
first.  It was likely the backend as the backend updated the
schema.  I checked the backend log and saw the incremental
updating to what it said was the current schema.

> You can fix the programid problem after the fact, though
> there may be other problems due to "restoring" an old DB onto
> a new schema.
>
> Just run these updates on the mythconverg DB:
> (first run mysql mythconverg -umythtv -pmythtv)
>
> UPDATE recorded
> SET programid=CONCAT(SUBSTRING(programid, 1, 2),
>                      '00', SUBSTRING(programid, 3))
> WHERE length(programid) = 12;
>
> UPDATE oldrecorded
> SET programid=CONCAT(SUBSTRING(programid, 1, 2),
>                      '00', SUBSTRING(programid, 3))
> WHERE length(programid) = 12;
>
> UPDATE program
> SET programid=CONCAT(SUBSTRING(programid, 1, 2),
>                      '00', SUBSTRING(programid, 3))
> WHERE length(programid) = 12;

Thanks.  I will try this tonight.

> > Problem 2:
> >
> > I noticed that mythfilldatabase is not being run.  The
> status screen
> > shows a date several days ago that was a sucess and I now
> have 12 days
> > of listings instead of 14.  The setup screen looks correct
> but it is
> > likely from the 0.16 settings.  Do I have to put full path names to
> > mythfilldatabase now? Does the mythfilldatabase attempts
> show up in a
> > log so I can troubleshoot this?
>
> The mythfilldatabase attempts should show up in the backend
> log. There was a problem in the 0.20.2 release that has been
> fixed in 0.20-fixes where MythTV would ignore the suggested
> download time, but it should still run every 24 hours or so.
>
> As for whether you need the full path, this depends on the
> PATH variable setting of the user running mythbackend. Adding
> the path won't hurt.
>
> You will only see 14 days of data in certain time zones. Does
> that 12 days become 13 when you run mythfilldatabase on the
> command line?

I will try the command line tonight.  I did see 14 days when
I ran it the first time.  Maybe I need to install or configure
at or chron?

Thanks again for your help.

73 Eric