[mythtv-users] Fall premieres

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Sep 13 18:54:03 UTC 2007

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 11:19:01AM -0700, Bruce Markey wrote:
> Without a DVR, if I saw a promo that looked interesting I'd
> need to remember the date, time and channel then plan my day
> to be home in front of the TV at that time. With myth, I'll see
> a promo while watching a recording, hit 'save and exit' go to a
> scheduling page and set a record rule then return to watching
> my show.

As my sister Pam notes, it's even easier in new releases of Myth.

You just pause playback, and hit 'S', and you go directly to the
Program Guide.  Navigate to the new show (Pg Dn for "ahead one day is
useful here, and it starts on the channel you're on) and then 'R' for
record once, or 'I' to record it every week.

When you exit the program guide, you can just unpause and go back to
your show.  All hail whomever wrote that code, BTW.

Cheers,
-- jra