[mythtv-users] Distro Preferences

Michael MacLeod mikemacleod at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 12:50:42 UTC 2007

On 9/13/07, Paul Mason <latepaul at gmail.com> wrote:

> I quite fancy trying Mythbuntu or Mythdora or  KnoppMyth at some point. However since I am currently running an SVN version of Myth then I need to run the same version if I want to copy over my existing database and recordings. Plus there are a couple of new features that I've gotten quite used to.

I'd recommend trying Ubuntu 7.04 or Mythbuntu, and then setting up the
weekly trunk build repo that they list on the mythbuntu website.
They'll work with either base system. I just used feisty fawn to setup
a brand new backend last night (1.9 terabytes, baby!) and it was a
flawless procedure. Alarmingly so, in fact, it's not supposed to be
that easy...

I tried Mythbuntu, and it's great, but I ran into a few issues during
the install, but I think those were specific to my hardware and
non-standard selections. I suspect for most people it'll work great.