[mythtv-users] Java Network Remote for frontend

Mark Murray marklmurray at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 12:12:39 UTC 2007

I just downloaded and tried out the one Doug mentioned (
http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/?p=29 ) and it worked like a charm.

This one does require your own webserver (apache) to be running and if
your frontend isn't on the same machine as the webserver, you'll need
to modify "backend.php" to point to the address of your frontend.

Thanks Doug (and the OpenMedia Limited folks who wrote it)!  I had
been looking for something just like this as well.

On 9/13/07, Anthony Giggins <seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:
> > I purchased a cheap bttv based capture card last spring and built a Myth
> > box
> > based on my wife's frustrations with missing shows whenever we forgot to
> > prep the VCR.  I used an old 1.4GHZ AMD white box pc I had laying around.
> > With Mandriva 2007.0 as the OS, I compiled and got it working well enough
> > for our needs (glorified VCR).  At the time we used MythTV Player to watch
> > the shows via her laptop's s-video connection to our TV.
> >
> > This summer, while her shows are off the air, I re-built the box with
> > Ubuntu
> > Fiesty and installed the pre-built packages.  The system is running much
> > better now.  In fact, live tv would work in a pinch as it only experiences
> > random split second pauses every five or so minutes.  After two or three
> > nights of tinkering, until the small hours of the morning, I got the TV
> > output on the video card working and am looking forward to hooking it up
> > the living room TV.
> >
> > Now that I've given more useless background than anyone on this list cares
> > about.
> > I remember (quite a while ago) that somebody submitted a java based
> > network
> > remote.  None of my searches have turned up the post.  Does anybody have a
> > functional network remote that can be run on Windows for a .20.2 frontend?
> >
> > Doesn't need to be fancy, just want to be able to kick off playback on the
> > frontend from my wife's laptop.  This will eliminate having to connect the
> > laptop to the TV everytime we want to watch a recording.  Hopefully it
> > will
> > open the door to get a real remote for the system.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Mark
>
> The one I remembered was Flash
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/273346?search_string=flash%20remote;#273346