[mythtv-users] Picture Bars - Was: Electrical power in my cable line? Is that bad?

Chris Cox, N0UK chrisc at BritishCarAndDriver.Com
Wed Sep 12 19:54:09 UTC 2007

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007, Brian Wood wrote:

> Mike Perkins wrote:
>
> I've never seen anything like that, but then I'm a yank.
>
> Sort of looks like an "F" connector got into a fight with an RCA
> ("phono") connector.
>
> They don't appear to be self-terminating though.

I don't think they're specific to the UK, but quite possibly to
Commonwealth countries.  It is called a Belling-Lee connector from the
company that created them many moons ago.

They've been the de facto TV and VHF broadcast radio connector since at
least the '60s in the UK.

They have a nominal characteristic impedance of 75 ohms but as their
quality is always rather dubious, that is probably not particularly
constant.
  --
73  Chris Cox, N0UK  email: chrisc at chris.org or chrisc at BritishCarAndDriver.Com
                                              or chris at SotaMINIs.Com