[mythtv-users] segfault scanning ATSC channels

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Wed Sep 12 16:02:44 UTC 2007

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 07:46 -0700, Yan Seiner wrote:
>> Well I reran mythtv-setup and this time I got more information.
>> Apparently there's some sort of compression scheme that makes
>> mythtv-setup puke.
>>
>> I am using myth from source; is there a dependency I am missing?
>>
>> Can anyone shed some light on this?
>>   ExtendedChannelNameDescriptor: 'MSS unknown text compression 159*
>
> If you could get me a debug build backtrace I can probably fix
> the SEGFAULT quickly.
> For the decoding of this text compression
> it may just be bogus data causing the report; but if it isn't,
> I can probably find the spec for it and implement the decompression
> algorithm; or alternatively you could capture a raw data grab
> and I could reverse engineer it.

This worked just fine with 0.20-fixes, so either a) the station has
changed its format coincidentally with my upgrade, b) there's some
noise/static corrupting the signal, or c) something has changed in myth....

> Open a ticket for the backtrace and set the "Component" to "dvb".
>   http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/newticket

Will do as soon as I get a chance to break from the paying stuff....  :-)

> For instructions, including how to get a debug backtrace, see here:
>   http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/wiki/TicketHowTo

Thanks,

--Yan

--
  o__

'man' is short for 'manual' because it's very short, for a manual.