[mythtv-users] HDMI or DVI

Andrew Burgess aab at cichlid.com
Wed Sep 12 15:35:55 UTC 2007

>Mind you, running 1080p60 means you have to have a good cable, I've tried
>and failed with a 10 meter cheap cable (you get green flicker in the

Interesting. I thought pixelation or no picture were the only failure modes.
I wonder what exactly happens to make green flicker?

>and it worked properly with a 15 meter more expensive cable
>(approx $60, so still fairly cheap). The cheaper cable worked ok at

I have a 35 foot 24 AWG DVI cable from monoprice.com that works with a
nvidia 7600 agp card and a sharp 42 inch 1080p lcd. $43. YMMV.

It's dual link which I ended up not using. You can get a 22AWG
HDMI for the same price.

Again YMMV. They are good about taking stuff back.
I'm not affiliated with them in any way, just a satisfied customer.