[mythtv-users] Early exit

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Sep 12 15:30:58 UTC 2007

Damian wrote:
> I have a new problem on my mythbox where viewing any program simply
> stops about a minute before the end. If watching live tv, The display
> just stops and the front end says there was an error. I can then click
> ok and quickly try to get back to the channel before the credits roll.
> If watching a recording, the saved file is simply too short. I assume it
> stopped recording at the same point that the live tv would have crashed
> out. Any idea what this is?
> Maybe it only happens on BBC? I've not tested that actually, but we do
> seem to watch more BBC than anything else. I struggle with stuttery
> playback on BBC when most other channels seem fine so maybe there's
> something weird going on there?
> I rarely get time to tweak my myth setup, but I do have a couple of
> hours on Thursday evening so I'm hoping to iron out a few wrinkles then.
> Looking forward to hearing any thoughts.

Is the time set correctly on the computer? If it is 1 minute fast you
will get what you see.

Have you inadvertently set a default recording rule which finishes
early? The settings in Setup-> General will not let you do that, only
finish late, but without looking ISTR that you can set individual time
frames in the Record Options..

              R. Geoffrey Newbury
            Barrister and Solicitor
       Suite 106, 150 Lakeshore Road West