[mythtv-users] Intermittent MythTV failure

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 13:25:28 UTC 2007

> The last time I looked at the backend log, I did it by quickly loading
> it into gedit as soon as I came out of Myth so that I could cut and
> paste the info. Is that the best way to do it?

for cutting and pasting that sounds fine.

and ...

tail -f /path/logfilename

is usefull for watching the log in real time

> Also, could I be cheeky and save myself a search by asking you for the
> best way to back up my database?

<sigh>

adapted from http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Backup_your_database

mysqldump -u mythtv -p --extended-insert --databases mythconverg > database.bak
Password: mythtv

that's assuming you're using the default database username and
password.  Run it as your mythtv user.