[mythtv-users] My analog tuners stopped working!

Bill Omer bill.omer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 13:07:00 UTC 2007

On 9/12/07, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 07:48:46PM -0700, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> > On Sep 11, 2007, at 7:32 PM, Bill Omer wrote:
> > > I rebooted and got the same results, but reversed!  Now /dev/video0 is
> > > snowy and video1 works fine.  Doesn't make any sense to me ...
> >
> > The reversal thing makes sense. You will need to use udev rules to
> > make sure your cards stay in the same order on reboot. As far as why
> > one is working and the other is not, I'm afraid I don't know.
>
> I speculate that you have cards with two different tuners, and some
> file that told your driver that has been upgraded over.
>
> Cheers,
> -- jra

Yes, I have a pvr-150 and  a 250.  I dont quiet understand what you
mean by "some file that told your driver that has been upgraded over."
though ....  Could you elaborate for me please?

Also, the only frequency table options I can find pertain to my dvb
card, not my analog tuners.

Maybe there's a firmware upgrade I install to /lib/firmware?  And if it helps:

bomer at dragon:/lib/firmware$ mythbackend --version
Source code version     : 14484M
SVN branch              : trunk
Library API version     : 0.21.20070910-2
Network Protocol Version: 36
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_backend using_dbox2 using_dvb
using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_iptv using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_xvmc_vld using_bindings_perl
using_opengl using_live

-Bill