[mythtv-users] No Australia XMLTV listings grabber option.

Roo roo.watt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 09:49:53 UTC 2007

On 12/09/2007, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> In newer versions of MythTV the list of XMLTV grabbers is populated
> automatically via tv_find_grabbers rather than hard-coding the list of
> grabbers into MythTV. If a grabber does not appear in the mythtv-setup
> list it is likely it is not available on the system.
>
> --
> Nick Morrott

0.20-fixes has the trunk xmltv updates backported in changeset
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/13871 which is included in 0.20.2
release.

As noted in the commit log, mythtv now requires xmltv 0.5.43, the most
notable change (it seems) is the reliance on tv_find_grabbers.

You must install tv_find_grabbers and have a compliant grabber, the
grabber needs to support --capabilities and --description I believe.

As Nick pointed out mythtv uses the grabbers found by the
tv_find_grabbers utility, so if your grabber isn't compliant it will
not be listed.

Recent versions of the IceTV grabber and tv_grab_au_reg are compliant
are discovered by tv_find_grabbers. So maybe you need to update your
grabber script as well.

Cheers,

Roo