[mythtv-users] Is mythtv threaded

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Tue Sep 11 18:06:36 UTC 2007

Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> says:
> > I know that Transcoding is not threaded as my second cpu never goes
> > over 5% when I am transcoding a single mpeg.
>
> Sounds like whatever you're using to transcode (ffmpeg?) was not
> compiled with threading support.

How does that work, exactly? I know MythTV uses embedded versions of
ffmpeg (and libmpeg2, I presume). Will ./configure (or, in my case,
the ./configure and flags in the ATrpms SRPM) automatically compile
ffmpeg with threading support? Or are you saying that despite the
embedded ffmpeg, when MythTV transcodes with the internal transcoder
it uses the external ffmpeg?