[mythtv-users] Picture Bars - Was: Electrical power in my cable line? Is that bad?

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 17:45:29 UTC 2007

Actually the information is great, thanks. It's a little over my head but I
get the gist of what your saying.

A couple of other quick questions if you don't mind ...

"A splitter "splits" (obviously) the signal, and each individual path (or
output port) needs to be terminated properly, just as a single cable
needs to be."

What is the correct way to terminate as you suggest above?

Can I do some tests to determine where I have a problem and where I don't?

Since 75 OHM is the "magic" number how would I determine that in fact I have
75 ohm running through the line? I mean can I take an OHM meter to my cable
line and make some determinations on the readings that I get?

Thanks,

AJM