[mythtv-users] OT: OpenMoko

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Sep 11 10:44:21 UTC 2007

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> Skype's not bad at all.

- except that once installed, you act as a peer on Skype's peer-to-peer
directory network. After installing Skype on one of my workstations I ended up
with hundreds of random IP addresses on different random ports banging away 24/7
at my firewall. Makes trying to find the bad guys (assuming that doesn't include
Skype!) quite difficult.

- couldn't get the linux version of the Skype software to work. It seems they
haven't quite got the bugs out of the 64-bit version (YMMV).

Mike Perkins