[mythtv-users] Emprex ME1

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Sep 10 22:03:24 UTC 2007

> On Mon, 2007-09-10 at 15:10 +0100, Mike Perkins wrote:
>> Anyone come across these before?
>>
>> http://www.emprex.com/02_products_02.php?id=210
>>
>> After some digging around, I find it allegedly outputs (amongst others)
>> 1080i/720p. UK price is about £70. If it can be worked with, can it be used as a
>> front end?
>>
> That looks good, where did you get the UK price from?

Apologies, should have included the link I came across it from:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=221173&&source=14&doy=10m9

It's currently in the sale (stock code A09HG). Don't recall having seen it on
the website or in the catalog before, so it might be a special. - There may be
other retailers.

Obviously, they are selling it as an "add your own drive" media box. But you and
I know that if the guts are compatible, there's a half decent front end going
cheap there...

Mike Perkins