[mythtv-users] Transfer videos

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 21:54:45 UTC 2007

On 9/10/07, Anthony R. Baker <baker at low-e.com> wrote:
>       I'm trying to transfer videos from an old machine to my new one. I
> could transfer the vob files by the network but would need to copy the
> database info as well to get them to show up. I could copy them from disc
> again but that would take alot more time. Is there a mysql table I could
> copy/transfer that would work or should I copy them from disc again?

The 'videometadata' table contains all information regarding videos
stored in MythVideo.  However, be sure to note that this table
references all of the filenames and coverfiles by absolute paths.
i.e. you would either have to maintain the same directory structure or
re-write the filenames/coverfile paths in the database.

See:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Videometadata_table

--
Joe Ripley