[mythtv-users] DirecTV STB USB port
blwalter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 19:22:35 UTC 2007
Rob S wrote:
> This started about tuesday or wednesday last week. I'm pretty sure
> that it's not the cable, or my computer because after I do a cold
> reboot on the box it works and I go "oh...okay...it's working now"
> Then it'll record the next show and stop working after that (the
> channel changing). I was just wondering if there is anyone else out
> there that's noticed this...
> On 9/10/07, *Brad DerManouelian* <myth at dermanouelian.com
> <mailto:myth at dermanouelian.com>> wrote:
> Sorry, no. I've got 2 DirecTV D-11 boxes and they're both functioning
> correctly. I haven't reset the boxes since my last power outage that
> outlasted my UPS's (stupid rolling blackouts) about 2 months ago and
> they're still changing channels correctly. I was also affected by the
> baud rate change. When did this start happening for you? I hope it's
> not just a case of me not getting the pushed "upgrade" yet.
Sorry if I missed the original statement of the problem. I had an issue
with my D11 about 4 months ago. I was using the directv.pl script with
I suddenly noticed late one night, that the channel change was failing
(at least for one channel...TNT in this case). After much hacking of
the script, pulling of hair, and general frustration, I settled on using
just the script, without an option. This seems to now be working.
The symptom I saw was : directv.pl channel_setup 247 (I might be wrong
on the number). This would give me a whole series of timeouts etc and
would fail. However, If I did directv.pl channel_setup 246, that would
work like a champ.
I've *no* idea why it suddenly stopped working, and stopped working only
for 246 (at least that was all I could find), but, removing the
setup_channel worked - directv.pl 247 worked liked a champ....
More information about the mythtv-users