[mythtv-users] No /dev/lirc

Andy Rabin andy.rabin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 16:34:52 UTC 2007

Recently setting up a Debian system, I had similar issues.  It turned
out that when lirc was installed, it seemed to work fine, but was
encountering an error.  lirc looks for linux.h in the default
/usr/src/linux directory, but as of 2.6.?? (I know it was an issue
even with 18, not sure how much earlier) linux.h is relegated to a
subdirectory /usr/src/linux/include/linux/linux. (I believe, at work,
can't check right now.)  Creating a symlink to that file in the top
directory, uninstalling and reinstalling lirc, solved the problem for
me.