[mythtv-users] Myth svn 14461 Seg faulting on scanning HDHomeRun

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sun Sep 9 23:59:17 UTC 2007

Mailing Lists wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 22:00:00 -0400
>> First, is your myth package compiled with HDHomerun
>> support? Run
>> ./configure with all of your '--enable-whatever'
>> switches including
>> --enable-hdhomerun... Check the output.
>
> Yes, I took a fresh svn cut, rebuilt it on a separate
> machine to test.  I can now scan the HDR but the channels
> I'm getting are completely different each time I scan and
> seem incomplete in general
>
>> Second, did you get it working with vlc and did all the
>> setup with
>> hdhomerun-config work? Because once you get to there, it
>> should work in
>> myth...Try deleting and re-installing in
>> mythtv-setup????
>>

> Works in Windows with vlc -- the config worked as well.
>  Are there any special config parameters I need to be
> looking at?  I found little to no information on that
> side.
>
>> Are you scanning with the correct setup? US-cable
>> frequency table. Quick
>> tune 'Always' Unencrypted  only 'No' (These settings
>> used to be
>> problematic, and are supposed to have been fixed..I
>> haven't checked. My
>> HDHR is too busy recording!).
>>

> I wasn't using the quick tune but yes to everything else.

Then I'm lost as to further diagnosis. Since the hdhr is a standalone
unit, using udp there is little additional code needed in myth to get a
unit working. It should *just work*....Getting different channels on
each scan sounds more like an antenna problem. Have you tried an amp on
the antenna? I needed one to get the signal high enough to work
properly. Try it without any splitters in the feed first.

>> The problem with qam cable channels is in one sense
>> insurmountable.
>> Cablecos get to number cable channels in a completely
>> arbitrary way. The
>> local TV guide channel number bears NO relationship to
>> either the cable
>> frequency channel OR the channel's own broadcast number
>> AND cablecos are
>> not required to broadcast identifying information
>> (except for 'must
>> carry' OTA feed channels in the US).
>>
> I'm not so concerned about this so long as I can get
> channels.
>
> SD doesn't seem to add any channels in either for my
> source.  I'm not entirely certain why!

Can't help there...

Geoff