[mythtv-users] Need Help with HDHomerun

mlists mlists at dressler.ca
Sun Sep 9 23:32:31 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-09 at 17:10 -0400, Craig Treleaven wrote:
> At 4:30 PM -0400 9/9/07, Tom Lichti wrote:
> > > I'm having the same problem with Cogeco in Oakville.  So far, no joy.  More details on the Silicone Dust forum:
> >>
> >As of a couple months ago Rogers started encrypting all the channels
> >that had previously been available un-encrypted via QAM. I have now
> >dedicated both my HDHR ports to OTA. Cogeco may have done the same thing.
>
> Nope, I can receive them with the QAM tuner built into my TV.
>
> Craig

Well now I think I bought the wrong addition with the HDHomerun.  I'm in
Ottawa so I'm not sure what OTA I would get but I don't know if I want
to be putting up an arial either.

Unfortunately I'm not sure what other options I have now.  I already
have dvb-s but there isn't much FTA on that side either.

Does anyone know if there are any Roger's boxes that can send and be
controlled over firewire?

Hmm...  I think my HDHomerun is going to go up on Ebay very soon - its
too bad because its a slick and nice little box.

Norm