[mythtv-users] How to get Myth Music to play thru SPDIF output? (SVN trunk as of 9/9)

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 9 22:42:28 UTC 2007

Hi Listland,

I am usually pretty good at getting myth to behave itself however trying
to get myth music to play out the digital port has stumped me. First
off, I am running trunk SVN and its current as of today so I have the
new interface (love it!)

I can get it to play out the standard audio output jack using /dev/dsp
however my usual ALSA:spdif does not work. I am running a
kernel so alsa is built into the kernel and I am not running a .asoundrc

Any suggestions?