[mythtv-users] SD - Can't retrieve channels from grabber source

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Sep 9 18:45:52 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-09 at 14:32 -0400, Donald J. Maddox wrote:
> I subscribed to SD today, and had no problem retrieving my channel
> lineups - but when I try to 'get channels from grabber source' it seems
> to get the channels, but doesn't actually add them to the video
> source...  When I say it seems to work, I mean I see this in the output
> if I run mythtvsetup from a commandline (but no channels get added):

Are you using firewire? There was a bug in the 0.20.2 release that
prevents channels from being added to a firewire connected source.
The workaround is to disconnect the source from the firewire card
in input connections and run mythfilldatabase on the command line.
Alternatively you can upgrade to the latest and greatest 0.20-fixes
which has a fix for this bug as of 3 days ago.

-- Daniel