[mythtv-users] Free US/Canada Listings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Sep 9 16:03:29 UTC 2007

On 09/09/2007 11:52 AM, Rod Roark wrote:
> I really liked what D. Hugh Redelmeier had to say about the value of
> "user push-back" in defiance of EULAs and other one-sided agreements
> (http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2007-September/193628.html).
> MythTV itself represents this sort of controversy.  While my own
> scraper seems perfectly legal, I strongly favor open discussion of
> those on shakier ground.

I favor your freedom to have those discussions.  I just prefer they not
be had on MythTV lists where someone (such as an "outsider" who's acting
in the capacity of a lawyer for some company) might be led to believe
that "MythTV" or the MythTV devs are inciting users to break
TOS/copyright laws/...

Mike