[mythtv-users] Myth Archive

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Sep 9 08:57:28 UTC 2007

Mitch Gore wrote:

> > Is 'mythtv' the correct hostname?
> >
> > Does running the query below in mysql give you the correct work
> > directory setting?
> > SELECT value, data FROM settings WHERE hostname = 'mythtv' AND value =
> > 'MythArchiveTempDir';
> >
> > Does that work directory exist and does the user running mythfrontend
> > have read/write permissions on it?
> >
> > Paul H.

> Here is the output:
>
> mysql> SELECT value, data FROM settings WHERE hostname = 'mythtv' AND
> value =
>     -> 'MythArchiveTempDir';
> +--------------------+----------------------+
> | value              | data                 |
> +--------------------+----------------------+
> | MythArchiveTempDir | /video/temp-archive/ |
> | MythArchiveTempDir |                      |
> +--------------------+----------------------+
> 2 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>
> I figured the blank record was causing the issue.  I went into
> phpMyAdmin and deleted the blank.  Retryed and the blank is back.  So
> for some reason it doesnt like the first one and creates a new blank
> entry.  The hostname is mythtv.
>
> Thanks,
> Mitchell

Yep - I've just tried to reproduce this and I get the same error when I
have a second 'MythArchiveTempDir' setting with a blank entry.

Try running this query to get rid of the duplicate :-
DELETE FROM settings WHERE hostname = 'mythtv' AND value =
'MythArchiveTempDir' AND data = '';

No idea why phpMyAdmin failed to delete it properly maybe it is being
confused by the duplicate key.

Paul H.